Friday, January 7, 2011

Baby Karen (Pullman area Newborn Photographer)


This is baby Karen, expressing her opinion about being the subject of a photo shoot. 


Being that Karen is a little older than other newborns I've photographed (1 month old here), I was expecting a more alert baby.  But this... well...   she was not happy about the situation.  It was very warm, very cozy, she was fed and rested.  But she would have nothing to do with with posing, shaping, molding or coaxing, and certainly nothing to do with me or my lens. 



Until her Momma stepped in.  When she had phycial contact with her Mom, Karen was calm and happy.   Her Mom was my college roommate for two years.  Her Mom has six other children.  Her Mom has gone through the solitary life of being a wife to a medical student.  Her Mom is amazing, one of my Motherhood heroes.


Karen just wanted her Mom.   


She also could have used a cute hair piece or two... but being that this session was very last minute and took place right after Christmas, I had no prep time to purchase or make any.  Sigh. She is beautiful nonetheless. A beautiful baby, happy in her Mother's arms.  


If you knew Corinne she would be your hero too. 

6 comments:

  1. I love them! - and, I agree - she's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I know Corinne from her Cincinnati days, and yes, she's my hero too.
    Suzanne Hansen.
    The pictures are STUNNING. Where were you when I was having babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betina,

    There was always something amazing about your apartment
    of precious girls - strength in the individuals and strength in being together. You lifted each other and you lifted everyone else - you are still at it. How I love you!
    Corinne's Mom, Sister Teichert, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betina -- those are so beautiful. And beautiful subjects too. And yes, Corinne is my hero too.

    ReplyDelete